Friday, 21 October 2011

Christmas is coming and the cat has gotten fat.

Long time no type, but i've been looking after my baby and cat and have had a period of creative drought, so i hope you can forgive me and let me know what you think of my new project.......

It started out as a simple task, to design and make Christmas decorations for the Burton Art Gallery & Museum Shop (please like our page), so i've been mulling it over in my mind for a few weeks. We had a delivery of logs and i always find great satisfaction in piling them up with the round loggy bit facing out, a new Angie Lewin book arrived in the gallery shop which is absoloutely beautiful and i started noticing the dried seed heads of various wild plants in the hedgerows. These 3 factors combined have driven me to produce these....










I think i just discovered why the cat is growing fatter at an alarming rate. Note to self, do not leave plates or cups on the floor.


































2 comments:

  1. Very delicate and sweet, seed heads are amazing and your little creatures go really well with them.
    Love your cards and the embroidery is fantastic! I know all about being at home with bebs and not blogging for ages, all seems too much yet the inspiration doesn't stop, I just need more time and energy!!
    good luck with the Christmas decorations, don't forget to blog about them! Amy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this log-weed tableau. very clever.

    ReplyDelete