Tuesday, 15 June 2010

My sailors left me.

We have just arrived home from the craft mecca of Devon, that is Bovey Tracey. What a wonderful weekend, an amazing show and lots of lovely people to boot. Its so good to meet people that appreciate the work and to have talked about myself for 3 solid days! My ego has been nicely plumped. As you can see i was going for the front room vibe with my stand which i think worked but could of done with one extra birdy to go on the small wall.

This little guy was one of my newest pictures and i was feeling particularly happy about this piece, quite a few people showed an interest in it and it went to the lovely rachel eardley in the end http://www.racheleardley.com. I'm gonna miss that guy hopefull we'll meet again in the back of a riot van with you swinging from the wall. It has inspired me to go on and explore our maritime heritage that we have here in Bideford and have a good look at sea shanties and poems, the world is my oyster!









7 comments:

  1. Nooooooo! I loved him, but glad he went to Rachel. I loved her prints and now we all have the same one! I framed it today it looks great! L x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a lovely sailor. I bet Rachel is thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh lucky Rachel. Yes he has gone to a good home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your work Vicky! I'd happily have it in every room in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where might I find a copy (print or otherwise) of this sailor and his verse?
    Mermaid

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sailor is gorgeous! I love this so much!!!!!

    ReplyDelete