Friday, 25 June 2010

Changing rooms

So this is how we're living at the moment, not very inspiring, almost depressing. I get these moments at the beginning of a project, when I think this will be easy, in a couple of weeks it will be done and dusted and we'll be living in a palace! I ripped off all the wallpaper and then i started chipping away at the artex on the ceiling. Halfway through i realised what a mammoth task i had undertaken and suddenly thought, "I should have finished some of the other rooms before i started this". If only i could just paint it, Bill who is usually right says we must fill and sand every wall, even the ceiling! So yes this is pretty much the state of the whole house at the moment, not one room finished. I will keep you posted on any major changes ( I wish). Just thought i'd show you this picture. The words are from a song by the Be Good Tanyas. Blue Horse is one of those albums you can keep coming back to and it never gets old.



2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the decorating - looks like a mammoth task!
    I adore your picture - you are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a challenge, kind of know what it's like but that was before we had children... hope it goes smoothly and quickly!
    beautiful embroidery, good bit of contrast, chaos to peacefulness!

    ReplyDelete